Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 20 - Sermon prep and then some

I have access to the Internet at the house I am staying at! Yipee! This morning was spent in a meeting about the Cumnor Parish Youth Project. This is an ecumenical project that helps connect youth in the area to Christ. The leader is a wonderful 30 year old woman named Ruth. We are thinking that maybe the Cumnor Church could host a few summer movie nights for youth and or families. They have the projection capability and they want to share it. They are a very hospitable congregation but have little connection with the youth in the area. Ruth and I divided up the tasks and we will see what comes of our efforts. Not bad for being in the country less than a week. Feels like I have been here longer in a way. Well, off to the sermon and hopefully a bit of time in the city as the weather is nice. A bit lonely in a home by myself. I enjoy the quiet but am not here for the quiet.
So - at 16:08 I caught the bus to Oxford to see what was what. I only know a few people and low and behold I see one of them. Sue is the Administrator of the St. Columba's church and I am beginning to realize that she is the on the spot person in charge of daily affairs. We had a nice chat and she was off home to rest and get rid of a nasty virus that has been bothering her for a few days. It was a beautiful day so I went to St. Mary's and went up the tower.

I am still trying to figure out how to upload the pictures but I did take one of me - I think other people must have longer arms because my 'self portraits' never quite look right.


Here is a view from the tower of the street below with the double Decker buses and all and another of the colleges. This makes Garrett look shabby but... we have gargoyles too!
















No comments:

Post a Comment