Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sermon writing

I have had a great day. I enjoyed my theological reflection with Carla and then having great conversations at Wednesday Welcome. A bit of a wander and a new camera battery and I thought - I should really start to put down on "paper" what I have been thinking about for my sermon on Sunday. So I decided to go off to the "English Sermon Writing Academy" (aka Pub) to get started. Low and behold I needed the internet to enter a confirmation number (with Microsoft, not God) and could only make a few notes before the pint was gone. Now reconnected and properly "spiritually enhanced" I am off to do the real thing - wish me luck. I know the children's message - a great story about puppy love that I plan on telling with my version of a North Carolina accent to an English congregation - the kids will get it for sure and the animal sounds are the same in all languages aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment