Saturday, August 7, 2010

The last day!

No it is not my last day here, but my last day alone. Dorothy and Paul arrive tomorrow morning! I am very excited and have worked hard to get a significant draft of my paper off to the professor and have my sermon ready and my children's time figured out - just a bit more practice and all will be ready. I think my head will be very happy to be able to relax just a bit now that that paper is off my plate for a while. I will cook a roast dinner tonight so it is ready whenever we are ready to eat it tomorrow. I know it should be cooked tomorrow but, a preachers schedule sometimes demands thinks to be otherwise.
Yesterday I went to Abingdon just for fun. This is a town not far from Oxford, along the River Thames, that is one of the oldest inhabited places in England. It is a pretty town even with dark grey forboding skys. The overcast sky made it easier to take pictures in St. Helen's church (2nd widest church in England). They had lovely stained glass windows and painted ceilings from the middle ages. I had a lovely conversation with the steward and then went to find a pub along the river - something I can't do just anywhere. Pub found, 1/2 pint enjoyed and then a wander to the Abby Gardens and back on the bus to Oxford. A nice little excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment