Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tour de France - stage 2

A wonderful morning of small children speaking a language I don't understand and yet together we seemed to make sense of the world - how delightful. Kenzo was off to school for the day and Fleur, Noah and I made our way to the Tramway. A joy for Noah until we were actually on it. I guess it could be pretty intimidating being strapped into a stroller and surrounded by towering people who you don't know. I have to say he was glad to be out and say bye bye to the tram. The next great delight was that there are cows all around Bordeaux. Thankfully not the cow pie making kind of cows, but statues of all colors. They certainly caught Noah's attention each time we saw one. He liked it when I put him on and he could hold the horns - the only problem was that unannounced, he would launch himself into my arms to get down, of course only to be put back on. The repetitions are good for my arm muscles as well as to see a sweet smile from a happy child. We walked around the center of the city, ate at the tres cool McDo's (yes nuggets are a favorite of children here too). There was a great statue made to the people of the region that attracted our attention, not only for it's grandeur but for the fact that there were two Spidermen on the statue. Kenzo was going to be very jealous. Photos taken, statue admired and then off to the petite tramway for a city tour. Unfortunately for me my camera battery died so I had to just sit back and observe this ancient city.

Dinner found us at Fleur's parents home where I was treated to a most delicious duck dinner - salad began the meal that had delicious duck bits on top and then the main course of the most fantastic duck I have ever had with potatoes escalloped in duck fat! This was not a low fat meal but was amazing and washed down with wonderful local wine. Dessert was strawberries and chocolate chestnut cake. Needless to say I slept well and had little need of breakfast the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment