Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bury me not....

I bid farewell to Bury St. Edmunds on Sunday. I preached a sermon on Amos and the Good Samaritan without a fully written sermon for the first time. It was an interesting process for me and I hope a meaningful sermon for the congregation. This did follow a quintesential English Saturday - to the market in the morning for coffee, lunch and crickett watching and then a Strawberry Tea in the afternoon. The speaker had to back out at the last minute so Sa, and I presented a brief conversation about the power of storytelling. I was delighted to havet the chance to share a native american story with them after which a woman said she was going to share the story with her grandchildren!

I will miss all the folks in the West Suffolk group and truly appreciate all their hospitality, encouragement, advice, and wisdom that was so freely shared. This was a month that I will think about for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment