Thursday, September 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

An uneventful flight (the best kind) brought me home on Tuesday morning and I was so happy to see my girlfriend Risa at the airport. Risa and I had made these arrangements because Larry was uncertain if he would be home and... he wasn't. He has already been called out on the road so I am glad I have such great backup. Back home, back to the other side of the road (I was a bit nervous driving on Wednesday) back to heat and humidity - I think I like the cool of England vs. the humidity of home.

It has been great to be home, to see my sons and friends and to begin the process of getting back to school and work. I will be at school already today to sort out my room and get books and such so that I can be ready when classes start on Tuesday. I miss England and am so very thankful that I was able to be there for 15 weeks and meet so many wonderful people, to learn from fantastic ministers, to read in libraries at both Oxford and Cambridge, to see my family ancestral lands in Scotland, to preach in Sudbury, Bury St. Edmunds, Cumnor and Oxford - to learn about the congregations and to see the places where the Holy Spirit reveals the intersections of biblical story, local and family history and the needs and challenges of congregations today. I have been truly blessed and I know that fruits of the blessing will be revealed slowly and consistently as I continue to follow my call to serve the Lord. Thank you to everyone in the States and in England who helped make this experience possible and have held me in prayer.

1 comment:

  1. So good to read this blog.
    You are remembered with great affection in West Suffolk.
    Hope the new term is going well for you

    ReplyDelete